Single? Married? Somewhere in between? No matter what your relationship status have a happy valentine’s days with these fun ideas and gifts. After all, valentine’s day is meant to be a day to remind us to be kind and show love to one another- including ourselves! Embrace the Hallmark holiday and use the day to be a little happier.
This post contains affiliate links to products I absolutely love, meaning if you purchase through my link I make a small commission at no cost to you.
All the single ladies… all the single ladies. While some single ladies think that valentine’s day can be labeled “single awareness day” or have even become anti-valentine’s day (seriously there is so much anti-valentine’s day merchandise on Amazon it’s insane!), I think that it can be an amazing day for the single ladies out there.
- Use Valentine’s Day to achieve a personal goal to associate positive memories with the date. Maybe this is the perfect day to start a blog! Grab this must read blogging book and check out my post on how to get started today
- Looking for love? Start reading Arielle Ford’s The Soulmate Secret– I swear by this book! She combines the Law of Attraction with learning more about yourself and bettering yourself
- Focusing of self care? Treat yourself to a mani/pedi (with an inspiring color of course!) or a massage
- It is also a great day for growing the relationships with your friends. Plan a girls night! I enjoyed many great amazing gal-entines days when I was single.
You can also join the Women Living a Happy Life Facebook Group to get some love & make new friends! It is a community to inspire women to take action towards living a happy life and is a great support system. I would LOVE you to join us!
So you have kind of sort of been dating but haven’t yet defined the relationship? We’ve all been there and it can feel kind of awkward when the subject of valentine’s day comes up! The key is to keep it light, fun, and thoughtful if you choose to give a card or gift.
- Nothing says were just casually dating like a card that says you’re my favorite person to Netflix and Chill with (kidding, but this is really funny)
- You don’t have to gift anything at this stage, but you can’t go wrong with some Dove Chocolate hearts
- Try Thoughtfully.com for unique and fun valentine’s gifts that are thoughtful but not overly lovie-dovie or romantic. I mean, who wouldn’t want this hot sauce set that says you’re the bomb?
One of my favorite gifts that I ever made my boyfriend was this clever deck of cards with 52 reasons why I love him. It was a lot of fun to make and super inexpensive! If you aren’t that creative I found some fun alternatives that have the same sentiment:
- There’s this fill in the blank book follow the same concept available on Amazon: 52 Things I love about you
- Or if all else fails, someone on Etsy will make one for you! Just search “52 things I love about you”
Keep the love alive and treat yourself to something special this valentine’s day.
- Treat yourself to a dinner out that treats you back! How cool is the app Seated?! Seated gives you ~$15 – $40 in Amazon or Uber credit every time you dine out. Use my promo code “ALEXANDRA300” to get an extra $5 reward!
- After dinner, have dessert at home with chocolate fondue– yum! You probably have a fondue set laying around from your wedding gifts, but if not this is a great set here or a fun one heart shaped mini set here
- And of course, if you haven’t read Gary Chapman’s The Five Love Languages, you must! This is a great way for couples to learn what makes the other one feel loved and how you can learn to speak your partner’s love language. You’ll also learn more about yourself in the process!
My mom always made it a point to get me things for valentine’s day as a kid and it really made the day a whole lot more special! Some ways to make valentine’s day fun and special for kids include:
- Reading fun valentine’s day/love/heart themed books such as The Day It Rained Hearts, Love from the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and Happy Valentine’s Day Mouse!
- Make a special breakfast by dying pancakes pink and shaping them like hearts using these fun molds – add whipped cream and sprinkles for an extra special treat
- What kid doesn’t love stickers?! Leave some stickers or other fun treats at the breakfast table to spread the valentine’s day love
I hope this gave you some fun ways to celebrate Valentine’s day no matter what your relationship status! Just remember, it is just a fun holiday to remember to love yourself and others and spread a little bit of happiness. And remember, in order to receive love you must always give love!
How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?